Friday, February 23, 2018

Kleinigkeiten

I am still having a hard time forcing myself to write thoughts longer than a tweet. I found a weird black lump on Smokey two weeks ago and he had it surgically removed last week. It's thrown me off a bit, and he has been super grumpy. Roland and I took a 3D printing seminar at the local FabLab and I've struggled with understanding the drafting software. I'm actually cleaning things to avoid thinking/doing other things. Yikes.

I have finished a pair of small projects, and a bigger project I can blog after we give it away (Überraschungsgeschenk). The first is a Fasching (Mardi Gras) costume for my teddy bear sidekick. The reversible cape is a scaled-down version of the play dress-up cape I have been making for children since 2008; I know I followed a tutorial from a blog but it's been so long I can't remember where. She wore the ensemble to the town Fasching party, where we enjoyed drinking beer in a light snowfall.




While I was looking for the hat beads I found a wool felt pincushion I started in 2015 and got as far as completing the top. Was very quickly finished with some leftover polyester filling.


The pattern is from American Homestead. I bought it when she spoke at my former quilt guild. Her samples are prettier than my pin cushion; I left out the french knots because I didn't know how to make them. I can probably do better now, but I donated my wool felt collection when I moved. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment