Wednesday, May 22, 2019

This Project is Cursed



After I sliced up my right index finger on Thursday, I sulked for 48 hours, then decide maybe I could still sew with the machine.  Threading the needle took 20 minutes.  Finding the right tension and stitch width took another 20 minutes.  Finally, I was ready to go!

And after ten minutes, I ran over my right index finger with the needle of the sewing machine.  Right through the finger, to the other side, in that squishy bit next to the nail.  The needle broke off, leaving a metal shard that R had to remove with a tweezers.

I learned to use a sewing machine when I was 8.  I have been making quilted things with the machine for over 20 years.  I used to laugh at people who were worried about running over their fingers with the sewing machine, because nobody is that stupid.

I am that stupid.

What makes me extra angry is these accidents happen at 10 am, when I'm cold sober and reasonably alert.  Two beers in I can embroider past midnight without incident...

I have used the idle time looking at photographs, creating a Patreon, and watching ALF in German.

No comments:

Post a Comment