Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fronleichnam

Today is a holiday, Corpus Christi. Last year I went to the Mass in the Marienplatz, just to check it out (I had to bail on the procession to the Dom after 45 minutes bc there was just too much sun). This year I've stayed home in the dark, with the recurring headache.

Had peanut butter toast for breakfast. I've been avoiding comparing the peanut butter I can buy here at the Edeka with peanut butter I haul back from America, but this morning there was one toast's worth of "Barney's Best" left in the jar and I was hungry for a second toast, so I got out my hoarded and rationed jar of Skippy, and turns out they taste pretty much the same. Stared for awhile at the labels, and they list the same ingredients in the same order. Barney's lists an importer, not a manufacturer, and Skippy lists a distributor, not a manufacturer.  I'm now very curious about American peanut butter factories.

Might also explain why I like the taste of the Barney's better than the more expensive brand called "American", which is also imported but with a different fat listed in the ingredients. But both have great labels, with American flags, which I am saving for an eventual paper quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment