Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Mini Hexagons--Now What?

Last week I very diligently finished Season 1 of Babylon 5 and also decided I had enough hexagon flowers.


I spent a day or so debating a border.  Monday at 5:30 a.m., after the cat who woke me up went back to sleep, I decided a border might make it easier to finish off (this is a design principle I may have learned in 4-H along with line, shape, balance, etc.).

Halfway through the second season, it looks like this:


I had not realized this yellow-gold was so...aggressive.

Anyway, now I'm stuck. I have no idea how to quilt this baby. I never get to a "quilting" stage of any project, I usually abandon pieced tops about 3/4 of the way through so I don't have to think about the quilting.


I have an idea for the binding, but that comes after the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment