Thursday, October 12, 2017

I am still alive, for some value of alive

Amazon Video blocked VPNs last month, cutting off my access to British Krimis and PBS costume dramas and 80s sitcoms.  I am left with German Netflix, which is 75% Scandinavian and Turkish content with German subtitles and the rest is Woody Allen movies (and "Friends", of which I would eagerly trade all ten seasons for a single series of Poldark) and YouTube. 

So I am listening to a lot of radio, like it's 1989.  Des Moines radio in the mornings, because the overnight robots don't talk, and German and British in the afternoons.  Radio is better for baking but two people can only eat so many muffins.

Also I have been hit with a cold--or possibly three different colds in rapid succession--going on three weeks now. Have run the whole gamut from sore throat to phlegm to more phlegm, but the constant symptom has been a nonstop choking death rattle.  I am mostly Not Letting Myself Be Stopped but if it's at all damp or chilly I can only walk about half a kilometer without struggling for oxygen.  Most of the foliage turned and passed while I was lying limply on the couch.

I have also gotten behind on the laundry, which makes me feel like a shitty human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment