Saturday, April 1, 2017

Beer labels

I'm spending too much time looking at things other people have made and not enough time making things. Currently staring a lot at Kantha (India) and Boro (Japan)--or at least Western hipster-industrial versions of such. Steal like an artist, baby. I've also spent the past year thinking about incorporating labels into a quilt-like structure and maybe it's time to start actually fucking stitching something. First effort:




The back labels are too busy/too texty for hand-stitching to be noticeable, so I didn't bother. I'm actually a little annoyed with the straight stitching, but I was working without coffee and my intent was to get the paper to stop moving around. This can be a background for something later (this is my psychological defense when I make garbage--"background for something later". I have a box of "background" going back to 1999. I hate myself.) I would like to pursue this further today, but Saturday is errand day and I won't get a chance. By Monday I will have completely forgotten my next idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment