Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hasentaschen (Bunny Bags)

Saw some Hasentaschen (Bunny Bags) at the March Patchwork Messe in Erding and thought it could be fun to make something like that for Nichte (name has been changed for internet privacy) for Easter.

So I hit up Google for "Hasentasche" when I got home, and it gave me Eulentasche (Owl Bags). Fuck you, Google. Yes, I know you own Blogger. Fuck you anyway.



Here's the one I found eventually; it was super easy. I made a few adjustments--button eyes to justify buying more buttons, embroidered nose, one black bunny because we had just watched a miniseries where a scientist gave black rabbits Diptheria to test his cure (rayciss!)--because I could.

Nobody cares about any of that, you just want to see pictures.

Three bunny bags in my window.
Bunny butt view. 1 square = 1"

I actually made four, but we took one to Nichte (with chocolate inside) before I got around to taking pictures. It was generally well-received; she played with it a bit and that's the important thing.

The other important thing is that I started and finished something without it aging for years. This feels weird and uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment