Wednesday, May 3, 2017

trapped in Introvert Hell

We had a party on Saturday, for R's dad's birthday but mostly to get the family together even though no one was dead. As it was a long weekend, people hung around until Monday evening. Then yesterday I took my parents, who are visiting for two weeks, into Munich. For the entire day.

I need to spend today speaking only with cats. I am completely fucking exhausted. Getting plenty of sleep and coffee, just need to be alone. No smiling politely, no one criticizing my dinner, no one interrupting my reading of something interesting or useful to prattle about hairdos. Also maybe some gin.

But instead I have to go pick up my parents and we will go to the Wochenmarkt, and I have to ask all the meat vendors if they have Blutwurst. My mother is obsessed with it. (I explain that my mother is visiting from America and likes it. People laugh.)

Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment