Thursday, January 11, 2018

Amerikanisches Rinderfilet mit Rotwein-Schallotten Jus

R took me to a nice dinner at the local steakhouse for my birthday last week (after a day of laying around watching garbage Twitter, sigh).  They get beef from Australia, Argentina, Ireland, Germany, and, for some reason, Iowa.  We splurged on the 300g Nelore filet from the New Year's menu and it was fabulous, served with a red wine-shallot sauce, herbed butter, and the house-special three "dips", which I tested with the sweet potato fries because the meat didn't need any help from anything (the ketchup with corn was called "mexicanisches dip" which pleased me; putting corn where it doesn't belong and calling it "American style" drives me nuts).

Mostly I'm test-driving a new watermark app, which will allow me to share progress photos from the phone. I'm also considering using it for all the cat Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment