Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Frohes neues Jahr!

I need to start this up again. I got bogged down with taking "progress" photos...I completed three 12" square identical quiltlets in Oct/Nov and gave two away as gifts, but processing the pictures and writing snappy text seemed less appealing than, well, everything.  Then I visited my folks for three weeks...lots going on there, including some quilt shop visits and some quilted coasters...again lots of photos and no interest in writing. When we got back to Germany it was time for Christmas.

Have also had a series of migraines due to the crappy spring weather, gallstones rumbling after a two-year hiatus, and a 102°F fever that popped up suddenly and knocked me out for the weekend of 2. Advent.  Nothing serious enough to go see a doctor, just enough to piss me off. On the bright side, there have been a lot of good and classic movies on TV, auf Deutsch.

If you can find the Norwegian movie The King's Choice with English subtitles, I can heartily recommend (or watch it in German like I did, ha ha). It's the story of Kong Haakon VII, the first democratically elected King of Norway, refusing to capitulate to the Nazis, at great risk to himself and his family. (The real star is a stuffed animal named Rudi, who was commanded by Haakon to keep his grandson Harald safe...and we know Rudi was successful because Harald is the king today.) Very well written, very good acting.

More later. Still trying to work out documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment