Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Finished Object: Hexagon Snowflakes

I have finished something! I'm just as surprised as you are.

*Ancient Aliens voiceover* September 2017. I say I'm going to finish it, but soon realize it's horrible.

February 2019. Unfinished bits of things falling on my head combined with an anxiety attack over a complete lack of ideas force me to stare at this thing and wonder how it could be finished.

I go for my old stand-by, which I will heretoafter refer to as See Hexagons On The Flip Side (SHOFS?). I stole the method. I want all credit for the name.



It's puffy, because I didn't fuse the back to the batting, and on a small piece that seems to be a necessary step. (Unless you want puffy. I'm here to talk about myself, not judge your edge finishes.)


But it is a Finished Object, and I can give it to someone who will set flower pots on it like it came from the EuroShop or I can put it in a box.  It will not fall on my head again.

Also I got to make this neat graphic. Winning all around.


No comments:

Post a Comment