Thursday, December 5, 2019

My Advent tradition: Respiratory infection

Monday I thought I just had a standard sinus headache, but it intensified as the day went on and remedies were applied. Tuesday morning I woke up with a measurable fever, which was maybe more exciting than it should have been. Look! Here's a number that proves I'm not just malingering! Dozed most of the day then attempted normal activity on Wednesday, possibly a mistake because today it hurts to swallow and my lungs burn when I cough. Weekend plans have been canceled.

Last year I got sick around the end of November and I wasn't normal again until the first week of January.  I had to pump myself full of medicines--real medicines from America, none of this sugar-and-herb crap from the Apotheke--to get through Christmas dinner without recreating the Slimer scenes from Ghostbusters.

We're not invited to Christmas dinner this year. 

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Anyway, in my fevered delusional state, I have decided I will finish a quilt to enter into the 8. European Quilt Trienniale.  They don't have a website. I don't know what organization or publication I must subscribe to in order to glean entry information.  

And if I can't figure it out by next summer, I'll just delete this post. 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment